Information for EEA Residents
Kodak is providing this supplemental privacy notice to give individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA) the additional information required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation. These provisions, together with the statements in the Kodak Privacy Notice, explain our practices with regard to EEA personal data.
Information about Kodak
Eastman Kodak Company
343 State Street
Rochester, N.Y. 14650
Our representative in the EEA:
Kodak’s Chief Privacy Officer:
Eastman Kodak Company
13th Floor, Bldg. 7
343 State Street
Rochester, NY 14650-0205
The Purposes and Legal Basis for Processing, including Legitimate Interests
The Kodak Privacy Notice explains the reasons why we process your Personal Information. We only process Personal Information when we have a legal basis for the processing, such as:
- To fulfill a contract with you and for closely-related purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, contract management, website administration, business continuity and disaster recovery, security and fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance,
- With your consent (or provided you have not objected, as may be applicable), such to provide you with marketing communications.
We may also process your Personal Information for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or for the legitimate interests of your company), provided that such processing shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms. In particular, we may process your Personal Information as needed to:
- Protect you, us or others from threats (such as security threats or fraud),
- Comply with the laws that are applicable to us around the world,
- Enable or administer our business, such as for quality control, consolidated reporting, and customer service,
- Manage corporate transactions, such as mergers or acquisitions, and
- Understand and improve our business or customer relationships generally.
Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
We may use profiling to understand how you use our products and services, to maintain and improve our products and services, to measure performance, to provide personalization and to communicate with you. We may use demographic, geographic, behavioral and/or transactional data to tailor communications and promotions based on your needs and preferences, to customize our services, to deliver our services to create improved or new products and services.
We will not make automated-decisions about you that may significantly affect the individual, unless (1) the decision is necessary as part of a contract that we have with you, or (2) we are required by law to use the technology.
When You are Required to Provide Personal Information to Kodak
In most cases, you are not required by law to provide any Personal Information to Kodak. You are required to provide certain Personal Information to enable us to send you an offer or to enter into a contract with you so that you can use our products and services. Some data elements are required for our contracts. If you do not provide these data elements, we cannot do business with you.
As noted in Kodak’s Online Privacy Notice, you always have the right to object to our marketing communications. To opt-out of emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email we send you.
Kodak also respects the rights of EEA residents to access, correct and request erasure or restriction of their personal information as required by law. This means:
- You generally have a right to know whether or not Kodak maintains your Personal Information. If we do have your personal information, upon request, we will provide you with a copy (subject to the rights of others). If your information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- You may also ask us to delete or restrict your personal information.
To exercise these rights, please fill out the personal data access form or write us at the address above, and a member of our Privacy Team will assist you. Please understand that we may need to verify your identity before we can process your request.
If you believe that we have processed your Personal Information in violation of applicable law, you may file a complaint with Kodak’s Chief Privacy Officer (email@example.com) or with a supervisory authority.
Where existing, Kodak does use local affiliated entities to provide products and services in the relevant marketplace. To provide that local touch point for our customers, prospects and other interested individuals, Kodak may share contact details and other relevant information with the legal entity based in the same country as the company or individual.
Overall, Kodak is a global organization with roles and responsibilities spread across many different entities and countries and with that, as noted in Kodak’s Online Privacy Notice, your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored at or processed in the United States and other countries which may not have equivalent privacy or data protection laws.
We generally use approved Standard Contractual Clauses to assure that Personal Information is adequately protected when it is transferred out of the European Economic Area or Switzerland, but we may also make transfers to recipients with approved Binding Corporate Rules or to recipients in the United States who have certified to the EU-US and/or Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework.
Please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information about cross-border transfers or to obtain a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as the information is needed for the purposes set forth in Section 3 above and for any additional period that may be required or permitted by law. You may request that we delete your Personal Information by filling out the personal data access form. Unless we are required by law to retain your information, we will delete it within 30 days of your request.
How to Contact Us and our Chief Privacy Officer
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Notice. You can always reach us via email to email@example.com. You can also reach us via mail to the addresses given above.