KODAK Black-and-White Print Film / 2302, 3302 / ESTAR Base is a low speed, high-resolution print film. This blue-sensitive black-and-white film is designed for general release printing. It is also useful for making both positive and negative titles and RGB separations from electron beam recorders. This film is coated on a proprietary ESTAR base which offers improved physical performance throughout the entire motion picture system.
Please refer to Section 6 for processing information on 2302, 3302.
Laboratory benefits include:
- Polyester base—greater tear strength, durability, dimensional stability, and archival keeping.
- Process surviving anti-static layer—protection from static marks prior to printing.
- Process surviving anti-static layer—reduced dirt attraction to processed prints and static protection prior to processing.
- Process surviving lubricant—better transport characteristics for processed film.
- Patented antihalation dye technology—superior halation protection (no fringes in titles).
Benefits for distributors and exhibitors include:
- Polyester base, process surviving anti-static layer, scratch resistant backing layer, and process surviving lubricant—cleaner, more durable prints.
- Patented anti-halation dye technology—no fringes in titles and sharper projected image.
- Improved transport throughout the entire system.
Benefits for the archivist include:
- Polyester base—better archival keeping properties than current 5302.