To help the Hong Kong Government conduct the census and bi-census every 10 and 5 years, respectively. The HKCSD (Hong Kong Census and Statistic Department) chose Kodak to process the past 4 censuses from the design stage to the printing and customization of the forms, to final scanning and data capture of all form submissions.
- About 5000 enumerator positions to visit the households
- Printing at least 10 million census forms, leaflets, instruction manuals, and envelopes
- Processing approximately 2 million census forms, including scanning and data capture
- Assisted HKCSD in designing the census form for easy scanning and a more accurate OCR data capture technology.
- Printed, packaged and send census forms, leaflets, and manuals to HKCSD for distribution.
- Provided manpower to fill up the enumerator gap by hiring the right people for the job.
The Kodak Business Process Outsourcing team from KODAK Services for Business implemented and completed the project, scanning over 2 million pages of census forms in under 2 weeks, delivering on schedule and meeting all quality specifications.