Okaloosa County offers total online access to its public records archive, thanks to Kodak
- Okaloosa County Clerk of Courts is seeing increased dependence on the Internet for access to clerk file and registry, marriage and probate records.
- In response to Constituent demand all archives film-based format must be digitized while preserving records integrity.
Services Provided by Kodak
- Internet-based County Records Systems architecture and requirements
- Media handling, preservation and conversion techniques
- Image capture
- Image processing and enhancement
- Standardized image file output with associated retrieval indices
- Quality process control for management of official public records
- DVDs with indices for direct import in to the County Records Internet access system
The Bottom Line
- Film-based archives dating from 1950 digitized and available for public access
- Quality records that the public can rely on
- Integrity of original public records intact
"We're simply very happy with the definition and images, the turnaround, and how they pay attention to the details."
Okaloosa County Clerk of Courts