Questions and Answers
- What is UV-Curable inkjet printing technology?
- UV-Curable inkjet printing uses Ultraviolet (UV) light to cure each ink drop immediately after printing. As a result, printing speeds are very fast and the image is immediately dry, robust and permanent, ready for subsequent mounting and display.
- Tell me about your UV-Curable media
- KODAK PROFESSIONAL UV-Curable Display media offers a solution for print providers and specifiers seeking a less expensive printing alternatives without compromising quality. Commercial labs can now offer a wider range of solutions to their customers, enabling the creation of point-of-sale and backlit display materials quickly, productively and affordably. Similar to KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA Display Material, these new products feature exceptional clarity, consistency and quality.
- On what printers are your UV-Curable media compatible?
- Our media is designed to be universally compatible. We have tested our media on printers from a variety of leading manufacturers (e.g. Durst Rho, HP Turbojet, and VUTEk).
- What sizes are available?
- These products are available in roll widths up to 72.5 inches (184.2 cm) and lengths up to 328 ft (100 m). These sizes address the specific finished-size requirements of our commercial customers as well as weight consideration for handling. Productivity is enhanced by minimizing media changeovers when printing.
- What Kodak Alaris customers will potentially use these products?
- Customers include commercial photo labs or graphic print providers that use UV-Curable technology for photographic-like output in their workflow.
- What distinguishes your UV-Curable media from other competitive products in the marketplace?
- High-Quality Photographic Base Materials: Our UV-Curable Display media leverages proprietary professional photographic technology, produced to the most stringent industry standards - resulting in consistent output. This allows for maximum throughput and helps avoid costly rework.
- Batch Consistency: Even during long runs, output quality remains true. The media is designed to receive inks consistently across the entire production run, resulting in colors that match from start to finish. Within the roll or across multiple rolls, expect predictable results. The more efficient your workflow, the lower your production costs and waste.
- Photographic Look: Our UV-Curable Display media can be mixed with traditional photographic signage and display, enabling a wide range of output solutions and printing strategies that balance quality and value.
- Is UV-Curable Display Film — Plus a ‘Day/Night’ product?
- Yes. Although ideal for traditional backlit display applications, the media’s reflective qualities still provide dramatic impact, even when the lightbox is turned off. In daylight display conditions, you may choose to turn off the lightbox to reduce energy consumption.
- Can UV-Curable Display Film be used outdoors?
- Yes. Both UV-Curable Display Film - Plus and UV-Curable Clear Display Film are extremely versatile media that can be used both indoors and outdoors. This greatly expands the types of outdoor displays that can be produced utilizing photo-realistic images.
- Is UV-Curable Display media recyclable?
- UV-Curable Display Film - Plus and UV-Curable Clear Display Film are both recyclable. UV-Curable Display Paper is not recyclable, but can be disposed of by incineration with energy recovery.