ROYAL Digital - Questions and Answers
- Why is KODAK ROYAL Digital Paper good for digital images or files?
- Digital printers create digital files. The characteristics of the digital printer need to be incorporated into the design of the paper to accommodate its dynamic range of exposure.
- Does that mean that KODAK EKTACOLOR EDGE Paper is not good for digital printing?
- Both KODAK EKTACOLOR EDGE and KODAK ROYAL Digital Papers have been designed with digital printing in mind. The premium paper base of ROYAL Paper makes it our best consumer paper.
- What is the difference between KODAK ROYAL Digital Paper and KODAK EKTACOLOR EDGE Paper?
- ROYAL Digital Paper is approximately 10-mils thick, features a distinctive gold backprint, and is offered in F (glossy) and N (matte) surfaces.
EKTACOLOR EDGE Paper is approximately 8-mils thick, has a gray backprint, and is offered in F (glossy) and E (fine lustre) surfaces.
Both ROYAL and EDGE Papers are similar in the way they respond to light during exposure (spectral response) and in color saturation. However, ROYAL Paper has a thicker support, which gives it a heavier "feel" and provides durability in handling. And ROYAL Paper's unique gold backprint distinguishes it for customers.
- What are the business benefits of using KODAK ROYAL Digital Paper in my lab compared with KODAK EKTACOLOR EDGE Paper?
- Providing KODAK ROYAL Digital Paper to consumers will reinforce your status as a quality service provider, offering consumers the best Kodak digital papers and services. Using this premium paper for digital processing confers prestige to your business, differentiating your business from your competition, leading to more satisfied customers, and ultimately more business/profit.
ROYAL Paper's thick support provides durability in handling.
- I have an optical lab. What does this mean to me—can I use KODAK ROYAL Digital Paper?
- ROYAL Digital Paper can also be used for optical printing. The paper produces clear, sharper prints because of these enhancements.
- Are there any differences in printing and processing KODAK ROYAL Digital Paper compared with KODAK EKTACOLOR EDGE Paper?
Both papers can be used with digital and optical minilabs, high-speed printers, and optical enlargers. Both papers use KODAK EKTACOLOR Chemicals Process RA-4 for large processors, and single-part KODAK EKTACOLOR PRIME LORR, or KODAK EKTACOLOR SM Chemicals for Process RA-2SM. For NORITSU, FUJI FRONTIER, and PHOTO-ME DKS Digital and Optical Minilabs, use KODAK EKTACOLOR Processing Cartridge 111 Chemicals.
For processing recommendations for KODAK ROYAL Digital and EKTACOLOR EDGE Papers see KODAK Publication Using KODAK EKTACOLOR RA Chemicals,
- Does the premium/thicker base or KODAK ROYAL Digital Paper cause processing/transportation or cutting issues?
- The thicker, premium-quality base should not cause any processing or transportation concerns in your processors or printers.
With the thicker base, you may find that you need to change or sharpen your print cutting blades more frequently.