Questions and Answers
- What is KODAK Photo Book Paper?
KODAK Photo Book Paper is a thin-base, AgX paper ideal for use with photo book applications, post cards and album covers. It has a lustre surface, no backprint and is optimized for digital printing, but can be used in an optical environment.
- Why is Kodak introducing this paper to the marketplace?
KODAK Photo Book Paper offers three key benefits: quality, options and profit potential. As photo labs strive to bring a broader array of premium products to market, KODAK Photo Book Paper enables them to do so by offering:
- Consistent print quality with long-lasting, eye-catching colors
- An innovative paper choice that works in their current printing environment
- A cost-effective alternative to attract and capitalize on incremental business
- Who will use this paper?
This paper ideal for photo labs with wet processing who want to participate in the fast-growing market of photo books and other premium products without making large capital expenditures. It is well suited for wholesale and photo specialty labs that need a thin paper for special applications, particularly double-sided photo books, postcards and album covers.
- How do these products differ from what is currently in the marketplace?
KODAK Photo Book Paper addresses two key customer requirements: workflow productivity and image performance. In addition to the thinner base, KODAK Photo Book Paper is resistant to abrasion during processing, creating minimal waste. The paper also uses the Lustre (E) surface, which is preferred by customers. The paper features no backprint, excellent flesh-tone reproduction, saturated colors, state-of- the-art image stability and wide tone scale.
- How thin is this paper?
KODAK Photo Book Paper has a 169 micron-thick base, compared to 210 microns from the world-class KODAK EKTACOLOR EDGE Paper. The thinner base enables this paper to work well in the assembly of double-sided photo books.
- Can I use the same chemistry with KODAK Photo Book Paper as I would with KODAK EKTACOLOR EDGE Paper?
Use KODAK EKTACOLOR Chemicals for Process RA-4 for large processors, and single-part KODAK EKTACOLOR PRIME LORR Chemicals or KODAK EKTACOLOR SM Chemicals for Process RA-2SM. For FUJI FRONTIER Minilabs, use KODAK EKTACOLOR Processing Cartridge 111 Chemicals.
- What sizes do you offer?
We will offer this paper in rolls only. Specific sizes and catalog numbers will differ by country.
- In what regions will you sell this paper?
We recommend that customers contact their local dealer or distributor of KODAK Products.