kodak.com Online Privacy Notice
(Updated December 2014)
Our Commitment To Privacy
At Kodak, we are committed to protecting your privacy online. Our pledge is to safeguard any personal information that you provide us, and to make every reasonable effort to use this information only as you choose.
We at Kodak are taking a leadership role in assisting our customers and other businesses in understanding the importance of using your personal information appropriately. We are committed to making the Internet a safe and secure place for you to transact online. Kodak is a participant in the Safe Harbor program between the US and the European Union and US and Switzerland.
Scope of This Notice
The goal of this Privacy Notice is to advise you of the online privacy practices of kodak.com and to describe the choices you have about the way the information collected on this site is used. It also applies to consumer digital registration cards. For information about other offline data collections, use the contact information noted below.
- If you provide your personal information and you indicate your residence is outside the U.S., you may be offered a privacy notice that is specific to your country of residence. In such case, Kodak is operating this site for itself as well as a service provider for its global affiliates.
- On our co-branded sites (such as those sites where Kodak has presented content together with one of our retail partners) a privacy notice unique to that site may be presented.
- Private sites (such as those only available to dealers and distributors) and sites created for our employees (or prospective employees) may also have privacy notices unique to those sites.
- Sites maintained by Kodak subsidiaries and affiliates, although linked to kodak.com, have their own online privacy notices.
Your Personal Information
Kodak's primary goals in collecting personal information about you are, first, to give you a meaningful, enjoyable, and personalized website experience and, second, to facilitate the development of new products and services relevant to consumers like you. Personal information also allows us to provide better service to you by tailoring our communications to match your interests- deliver more of what you want and less of what you don't want.
Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Explicitly Provide:
In order to establish your account, register products, or to participate in various online programs offered through kodak.com, you will be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information to us such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number. You can choose not to provide this information but then you might not be able to participate in some of our services or offerings.
Information We Automatically Collect:
We use common internet technologies such as cookies and beacons to ensure the integrity of our site and to customize portions of the site for you.
IP Address: We analyze IP addresses in the aggregate for system administration purposes and to gather broad demographic information. We do not link IP addresses to your computer's User ID, with the following exception: when you place an order using our online checkout process we record your computer's IP address with your order to help us identify fraudulent credit card use. We may share this information with the financial institution that issued the credit card with which an order was placed, or with law enforcement authorities if we determine, or are notified, that the use of the credit card was fraudulent.
Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive, at a web site's request. Kodak cookies do not contain any personal information, but are used primarily as follows:
- to remember your country and language preferences;
- to help us understand the size of our audience and traffic patterns;
- to collect and record information about what you viewed on our Web site and what you viewed in our e-mail;
- and to deliver information specific to your interests.
Cookies and Third Party Advertisements
Kodak has relationships with third party advertising companies to place advertisements on this website and other websites, and to perform tracking and reporting functions for this website and other websites. These third party advertising companies may place cookies on your computer when you visit our website or other websites so that they can display targeted advertisements to you. These third party advertising companies do not collect Personal Information in this process, and we do not give any personal information to them as part of this process. However, this Privacy Statement does not cover the collection methods or use of the information collected by these vendors. For more information about third party Internet advertising companies (also called "ad networks" or "network advertisers") and to opt-out of targeting by many third party advertising companies, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.newtorkadvertising.org.
Kodak participates in cookie-based ad networks operated by:
- Netmining LLC.
- Google Analytics™
- Google AdSense™
Google Analytics™: Kodak.com uses Google Analytics, a third-party web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ('Google'). Google Analytics uses "performance cookies" to analyze how you use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. This website uses Google Analytics with the expansion '_anonymizeIp()'; therefore, only abbreviated IP addresses will be further processed, so that a direct connection to the individual user is eliminated. Your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the Treaty on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google Server in the USA and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of the website operator for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity, and providing other services to website operators relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google will not associate the IP address transmitted under Google Analytics by your browser with other data held by Google. You may prevent the use of Google Analytics by disabling cookies in the browser's set up screen. You may prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software; however, we must advise you that in this case, you might not be able to use all functions of this website to the full extent. You may prevent Google from recording the data generated by the cookie and pertaining to your use of the website (including your IP address), or processing these data by downloading and installing the following browser plug-in available through Google at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en Google's Privacy Notice can be located at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
Web Beacons: We also place small "tracker gifs" or "beacons" on many of the pages on our website, in online advertising with third parties, and in our e-mail. We use these beacons, in connection with cookies, to collect non-personal data on the usage of our site including but not limited to the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, the referring web page, the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc..), the type of operating system (e.g., Windows, Linux, or Mac), and the domain name of the visitor's Internet service provider (e.g., AOL). This information is collected about thousands of site visits and analyzed as a whole. This information is useful in, for example, tracking the performance of our online advertising such as online banner ads and to determine where to place future advertising on other web sites.
Many web browsers allow you to use a "Do Not Track" function to inform websites and ad networks that you do not want your online activities tracked. Although our websites currently do not have a mechanism to recognize the various web browser "Do Not Track" signals, we do offer our customers choices to manage their marketing communications preferences via the unsubscribe functions in our emails. For more information browser tracking signals and Do Not Track please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org/
Customer Export Order Screening
Kodak employs technology and uses public watchlist data obtained from MK Data Services to screen all export orders in compliance with US Federal and International rules and regulations regarding export controls for denied and restricted parties.
Using your Information
Kodak only uses your personal information to conduct business with you. Some examples include:
- registering you in programs
- creating and maintaining accounts
- processing, fulfilling, and following up on orders
- answering your e-mail
- communicating with you
- sending colleagues information on your behalf
- sending surveys
- registering products
We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account, the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service and to personalize communications.
Does kodak.com Share Your Information?
Your personally identifiable information will not be rented or sold to any third party. Kodak may share your personal information as follows:
- Companies who work on our behalf: We contract with other companies to perform business support functions on our behalf, which may involve limited access to your personal information. We require these companies to use the information only to provide the contracted services; they are prohibited from transferring the information to another party except as needed to provide those services. Some examples of these business support functions include order fulfillment, customer survey execution; marketing emails, and information systems management. We also may make aggregate non-personal information available to select service providers.
- Kodak's subsidiaries and joint ventures: A subsidiary or a joint venture is an organization in which Kodak owns at least a 50% interest. If Kodak shares your information with a subsidiary or joint venture partner, Kodak will require that they not transfer your information to another party for marketing purposes or use your information contrary to your expressed choices. If you have indicated that you do not want to receive any marketing information from Kodak, we will not share your information with our subsidiary or joint venture partner for their marketing purposes.
- Co-branded and Partner Pages: Kodak may share information with partner companies who jointly present special offers or promotions on co-branded pages within our site. You will be notified of this sharing when you are asked to furnish personal data on such a page. The partner's use of any information you submit will be governed by the partner's own privacy notice, which you can review before submitting your information.
- Business Transfers: Kodak reserves the right to transfer your personal information in connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets. If the business is sold or transferred, Kodak will give you an opportunity to tell us not to transfer your personal information. In some cases, this may mean that the new organization will not be able to continue providing to you the services or products that Kodak provided.
- Law Enforcement: Kodak may disclose personal information to third parties without your consent for any of the following reasons: to comply with any law, regulation or court order, to cooperate with Government investigations, to help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights of Kodak or its subsidiaries.
Your Choices about Receiving E-mail
Kodak may send you e-mail about your orders or your account and in response to your questions. Kodak and its subsidiaries may also send you e-mail with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate you do not want to receive them.
Under most circumstances, we will give you an opportunity to let us know your preference regarding the receiving of promotional e-mail. This option applies to promotional e-mail only, as we may find it necessary to send you e-mail relating to your account, order, product or pricing changes.
Promotional e-mail that you receive from Kodak will tell you how to decline receiving future promotional e-mail. For additional information about declining e-mail from Kodak, click here.
Protecting Your Information
Kodak implements a variety of administrative, managerial, and technical security measures to help protect your personal information. Kodak has Internal Control Standards which relate specifically to the handling of personal information. These include certain controls to help safeguard the information we collect online.
Kodak employees are trained to understand and comply with these controls and we communicate our Privacy Notice, practices and guidelines to our employees. However, while we strive to protect your personal information, you must also take steps to protect your information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the Internet.
Some of our sites may enable you to participate in public services such as discussion boards, chats, and live events. Please use discretion when posting personal data about yourself when using these services. Be aware that when you disclose personal data at these sites, such as your name, member name, e-mail address, etc., the information may be collected and used by others to send unsolicited e-mail. The services are open to the public, and what you post there can be seen by anyone and is not protected. Kodak cannot control the comments that you may receive while you participate in these services. You may find other people's comments to be offensive, harmful or inaccurate.
Some Kodak Web sites contain links to and from other Web sites and Kodak is not responsible for the privacy practices of those Web sites. Kodak encourages you to ascertain the privacy practices of those Web sites.
Keeping Your Information Accurate
If you are a registered user, you can review and update your profile using your user name and password. You can also contact your Customer Service Representative.
Kodak complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Kodak has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Kodak's certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Social Security Number Protection Policy Statement
Kodak may collect Social Security numbers in the ordinary course of its business. Kodak has implemented reasonable technical, physical and administrative safeguards to help protect the Social Security numbers from unlawful use and unauthorized disclosure. All associates and contractors are required to follow these established procedures, both online and offline. Access to Social Security numbers is limited to those employees and contractors who have a need to access the information to perform tasks for Kodak. Social Security numbers are only disclosed to those service providers, auditors, advisors, and/or successors-in-interest who are legally or contractually obligated to protect them or as required or permitted by law.
How to Reach Us
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy when using a Kodak Web site, please contact us by e-mail:email@example.com or by mail at:Eastman Kodak Company
Online Privacy Office
343 State Street
Rochester, NY 14650-0218
Kodak's Online Privacy Office will work with you to resolve any concerns you have about this Notice.
Kodak has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU Safe Harbor, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgement of your complaint, or if your compliant is not satisfactorily addressed by us, please visit the BBB EU Safe Harbor website at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Kodak reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice from time to time, by posting a prominent announcement on this page or, in the event of a material change, by notifying by e-mail all customers whose personal information we have retained.
This Privacy Notice was last amended December 2014.