Kodak Alaris - Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Kodak Alaris and when was it established?
- Kodak Alaris is a new company that was formed in September 2013 as a result of the UK Kodak Pension Plan (KPP)'s acquisition of the Personalized Imaging and Document Imaging businesses from Eastman Kodak Company.
- What is the UK Kodak Pension Plan?
- The UK Kodak Pension Plan (KPP) is a trust established to pay pension benefits to Kodak's current and former U.K. employees who are plan participants. While the KPP utilizes the "Kodak" name, it has been and will remain a completely separate entity from Eastman Kodak Company.
- What does Kodak "Alaris" mean?
- The new company and its name preserve the heritage and legacy of the Kodak brand, while embodying speed and agility to meet market needs and changes.
- Where is Kodak Alaris based?
- Kodak Alaris is a global company that operates in 34 countries and is headquartered in Hemel Hempstead, UK. CEO Ralf Gerbershagen is based in the U.K. while division presidents Dolores Kruchten, Dennis Olbrich and Nicki Zongrone are based in Rochester, NY. Mark Elliott, Chairman of the Board of Kodak Alaris Holdings Limited is based in Florida.
- Who leads the company?
- Ralf Gerbershagen is CEO of Kodak Alaris and reports to Mark Elliott, Chairman of the Board of Kodak Alaris Holdings Limited. The key business leaders reporting to Ralf are Nicki Zongrone, President of the Retail Systems Solutions and Event Imaging Solutions; Dennis Olbrich, President of Paper & Output Systems and Film Capture; Dolores Kruchten, President of the Document Imaging business; and James Soames, Kodak Alaris' Chief Marketing Officer.
- Why did KPP make this purchase?
- The KPP expects Kodak Alaris' Personalized Imaging and Document Imaging businesses to deliver long-term cash flow capable of funding the plans' obligations. KPP sees these businesses as a key element of their long-term strategy. It values the businesses because they generate cash and can provide a revenue stream over an extended period into the future to meet the plan's obligations. Pension plans are focused on longer-term investments, 20-30 years.
- How does the formation of Kodak Alaris benefit Kodak Alaris' Personalized Imaging and Document Imaging customers, partners, distributors, etc.?
- KPP has the capacity to ensure investment in the businesses and will actively support the company's long term growth objectives.
- What businesses make up Kodak Alaris' Personalized Imaging and Kodak Alaris' Document Imaging?
The Kodak Alaris' Personalized Imaging business (www.kodak.com/go/pi) consists of Retail Systems Solutions, the world leader in retail photo kiosks and dry lab systems, offering retailers a competitive advantage in the photo services market; Paper & Output Systems, offering photo specialty retailers, professional and wholesale labs, and photographers the broadest portfolio of traditional photographic paper and workflow solutions; Film Capture, offering consumers and professionals an award-winning range of still-camera film products; and Event Imaging Solutions, providing digital souvenir photography services and solutions at theme parks, iconic destinations, resorts and other markets worldwide.
Kodak Alaris' Document Imaging solutions (www.kodakalaris.com/go/di) enable customers to capture and consolidate data from digital and paper sources, understand and extract valuable insight from the contents, and deliver the right information to the right people at the right time. Our offerings include award-winning scanners, capture and information management software, an expanding range of professional services and industry-leading service and support. With customers ranging from small offices to global operations, Kodak Alaris delivers superior systems and solutions to automate business processes, enhance customer interactions and enable better business decisions.
- Does Kodak Alaris offer consumer products and services?
- Absolutely. The consumer businesses are an extremely important part of Kodak Alaris. This is why we secured rights to use the Kodak brand. Consumers can continue to engage with the products and services from a brand they know and trust. Kodak Alaris will continue to innovate in the consumer imaging space to provide the best consumer experience with the pre-eminent photo brand.
- What will happen to the businesses that remain with Eastman Kodak Company?
- Eastman Kodak Company has emerged from Chapter 11 and we are optimistic about its future.
- Does Kodak Alaris have a license to use the Kodak brand?
- Yes. This includes a worldwide exclusive license to utilize certain sub brands, trademarks, trade dress, graphic designs, product names, and domain names in connection with the products and services included in the asset sale and their extensions. The Kodak brand is a tremendously valuable asset in the industries in which we participate.
- Where are the manufacturing sites for Kodak Alaris' businesses?
- Major manufacturing locations include Harrow in the UK; Shanghai, Xiamen and Wuxi in China ; Windsor, CO; Manaus, Brazil; Malanpour, India; Pereslavl, Russia; and Rochester, NY.
- How many employees are there in Kodak Alaris?
- More than 3,400 worldwide.