July 31, 2014 – Mobile Photo Connect, an industry conference serving the mobile photography ecosystem, is pleased to announce its 2014 program featuring an outstanding initial lineup of speakers and sponsors. In response to customer demand, the conference has expanded with a second day focused on workshops and a move to a larger venue that will accommodate the event’s increased popularity.
The Conference will be held October 15-16 at the Fort Mason Conference Center in San Francisco. October 15 will feature the Mobile Photo Summit; October 16 will feature the Mobile Photo Workshops. The Summit day on October 15 will offer a program of one-on-one conversations and in-depth panel discussions with industry luminaries, as well as short and impactful demos.
- The future of photo organizing: from manual to deep learning
- Matthew Zeiler – Founder and CEO of Clarifai, winner 2013 ImageNet competition
- Markus Spiering – Product Chief & US GM of EyeEm, former Head of Product at Flickr
- Chris Lee – Product Manager, Photos at Dropbox
- The ins and outs of funding mobile photography startups
- Don Strickland – President and CEO of Strickland & Associates, adjunct professor at Imperial College London
- Rudy Burger – Managing Partner at Woodside Capital
- Executive fireside chat
- Ralf Gerbershagen, CEO of Kodak Alaris and former GM of Motorola Mobility
- The future of storytelling: from sharing photos to sharing experiences
- Oren Boiman – Founder and CEO of Magisto
- Loren Appin – Director of Growth at Pixable (acquired by SingTel)
- Naren Dubey – CEO of ScanCafe, makers of PhotoGurus
- Photo app show and tell
- Up to 30 qualified developers will demo their photo or video apps in 3 fast-paced sessions.
With “Profiting in an omni-photo world” as its theme, this year’s edition of Mobile Photo Connect will focus on how photo app developers, imaging vendors, mobile device manufacturers and other constituents of the mobile photo ecosystem can create innovative solutions that solve today’s mobile photographers’ biggest needs.
“Due to the continuing explosive growth of visual communication, mobile photographers today are overwhelmed by the sheer volume of photos they need to manage. Complicating matters, these images often reside on multiple devices and/or services,” according to Hans Hartman, chair of Mobile Photo Connect.
“Customers are looking for more intelligent and automated solutions to aggregate their photos, enhance them, and share them in a meaningful fashion – and do this using whichever device best meets their purpose. It is up to vendors to turn these customer needs into meaningful and profitable solutions, and we’re excited to offer a platform to explore these issues, to share best practices, and to pursue partnering opportunities.”
The Platinum sponsor of Mobile Photo Connect is Kodak Alaris. Gold sponsors are BeFunky, PhotoGurus, and Magisto. Silver sponsors are Mailpix, Fujifilm, Ecce Terram, Orbeus, Krome Photos, CanvasPop and Lifepics. Media and association sponsors are the Association of Imaging Executives, the Photoimaging Manufacturers and Distributors Association, and Digital Imaging Reporter.
About Mobile Photo Connect
Mobile Photo Connect is an executive conference focused on promoting innovation and partnerships in the mobile photography ecosystem. The event will be held October 15-16, 2014, at the Fort Mason Conference Center in San Francisco. The Mobile Photo Summit on October 15 features no-PowerPoint panel discussions and photo app demos by up to 30 photo app developers. The October 16 Mobile Photo Workshops, an optional program for Summit attendees, features workshops conducted by various vendors who offer relevant APIs and SDKs.
The conference is co-hosted by Hans Hartman, president of Suite 48 Analytics and GigaOm Pro Analyst, and Alexis Gerard, founder of Future Image Inc. and the 6Sight Future of Imaging Conferences, and co-author of the seminal 2005 book "Going Visual."
For more information: mobilephotoconnect.com.