ROCHESTER, N.Y., November 21 --
Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE:EK) has earned two Innovations 2009 Design and
Engineering Awards from the International Consumer Electronics Association
(CEA). The honors were announced at the International Consumer Electronics Show
(CES) Press Preview in New York City. The KODAK ESP 9 All-in-One Printer
earned honors in the Computer Peripherals category, while the KODAK EASYSHARE
M820 Digital Frame received accolades in the Eco-Design and Sustainable
The KODAK ESP 9 All-in-One Printer ($299.99 US MSRP) earned
recognition in part for:
- A convenient two-cartridge, six-ink system, featuring Kodak’s premium,
pigment-based ink. Priced at $9.99 for a cartridge of black ink and $14.99 for
a five-ink color cartridge (US MSRP), these cartridges afford consumers savings
of up to 50 percent on everything they print compared to leading consumer
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet for optimal connectivity.
- The ability to print crisp, sharp documents quickly – up to 32 pages per
minute in black and 30 pages per minute in color**.
- Also produces, in as little as 28 seconds, KODAK Lab Quality 4”X 6”
borderless photos that last a lifetime***.
- A 10” touch control panel – a consumer inkjet industry first that makes
printing, copying, scanning, and faxing easier than ever.
The KODAK EASYSHARE M820 Digital Frame ($169.95 US MSRP) earned
- Vibrant playback of pictures and videos on an 8 in. (20.3 cm) 16:9 display
featuring KODAK Color Science for lifelike color and crisp detail.
- Backlit LED utilizing no mercury-containing bulbs.
- Meeting voluntary energy conservation guidelines for use, stand-by and
- Minimized frame packaging material containing a very low level of plastic
(one recyclable HDPE bag).
- Packaging marked for recyclability via worldwide municipal collection
- Achieved a 10% reduction in use of materials, conserving natural resources
and increasing logistics efficiency.
The Innovations 2009 Design and Engineering Awards, sponsored by the CEA and
endorsed by the Industrial Designers Society of America, honor superior design
and engineering among the year’s most technologically advanced products.
Winners are selected by a panel of independent industry designers, engineers
and journalists, and winning products will be displayed at the 2009
International CES in Las Vegas from January 8-11, 2009 in the Las Vegas
Convention Center (Kodak Booth #31400/South Hall/3).
As the world's foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers,
businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and
printing to enrich their lives.
To learn more, visit http://www.kodak.com and follow our blogs
and more at http://www.kodak.com/go/followus.
More than 70 million people worldwide manage, share and create photo gifts
online at KODAK Gallery --join for free today at www.kodakgallery.com
*Savings based on ink costs only for home printing of documents and photos,
compared to the average ink costs of comparable consumer inkjet printers.
Actual results may vary. For more information visit www.kodak.com/go/inkdata for
** Based on fastest document print mode using WINDOWS OS-based PCs that meet
recommended system requirements. Actual results may vary.
*** Based on fastest document print modes and borderless 4 x 6 in (10 x 15
cm) photos using KODAK Ultra Premium Photo Paper, Studio Gloss and using
WINDOWS OS-based PCs that meet recommended system requirements. Under all
common consumer display and storage environments. Based on testing by
Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR).
Actual results may vary.
Kodak and EasyShare are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company.