Kodak is a leader in the transformation of the print industry, offering digital print solutions that help customers drive profitability and grow their businesses. At drupa 2012, Kodak (Hall 5, F09-1) will demonstrate its ongoing commitment to the industry and customers by unveiling 10 new digital solutions and more than 30 industry partners that enable printers to offer customers new applications and improve operational efficiencies.
“The industry has undergone dramatic change since the last drupa in 2008, and we’ve listened carefully to understand our customers’ challenges. Today, Kodak is delivering digital your way, solutions tailored to help them deliver specifically what their clients need,” noted Chris Payne, Kodak’s Director and Vice President Marketing, Commercial Business. “Kodak’s portfolio of solutions and services optimize the delivery of higher-value images for our print customers to better serve their clients and grow their business. Come to the Kodak stand at drupa and see how Kodak can make your business a success by giving you digital your way.”
Highlights of Kodak’s presence at drupa:
- New 1,000 fpm KODAK PROSPER 6000XL Press, a four-color press that delivers monthly print volumes (MPV) of up to 160 million A4 pages. Commercial print, direct mail and publishing customers benefit from the industry’s fastest digital throughput on a proven inkjet printing platform.
- New 3,000 fpm KODAK PROSPER S30 Imprinting System, which boasts the highest speed in the industry for hybrid printing applications. The device enables web offset printers to increase profit potential by offering more digital printing applications.
- KODAK Stream Inkjet Technology powers the new TIMSONS T-Press press. Developed as part of Kodak’s Inkjet Technology Partnerships program, the TIMSONS T-Press delivers outstanding productivity, functionality and cost-effectiveness for fully digital book printing, improving business models for book printers and publishers.
- New Paper Rating Program and optional Image Optimizer Station, giving printers the freedom to print inkjet on any substrate. Customers can choose Kodak’s prequalified papers or treat any off-the-shelf paper for more flexible application options.
- New Gold, Pearlescent and Neon Pink printing effects will be shown using Fifth Imaging Unit Solutions on the KODAK NEXPRESS Press, and new enhancements to the NEXPRESS SX Platform including inline UV coating and long-sheet delivery unit . These developments enable service providers to expand applications and increase profit potential with digital printing.
- New KODAK FLEXCEL Direct System, which introduces innovative, energy-efficient, high-power direct laser engraving for flexographic sleeve production. With imager and consumables designed to work as an optimized solution, the advancement enables more affordable production of high-quality, in-the-round sleeves for package printing and drives an increase in print quality, greater consistency, and faster press setup times.
- New KODAK ACHIEVE All-in-One CTP System, which makes it easy for printers in emerging markets to affordably transition to CTP with Kodak’s state-of-the-art thermal imaging and plate technologies. Printers and publishers in target regions are now able to increase efficiency and reap the benefits of a CTP system with exceptional performance and great value.
- New suite of workflow production tools, including KODAK PRINERGY 6 Software, KODAK INSITE Prepress Portal Software and App for iPad Devices, and new versions of KODAK COLORFLOW Software and KODAK PREPS Imposition Software. These tools help increase profitability by automating manual production processes in customers’ digital and hybrid printing environments.
- New KODAK SONORA XP Process Free Plates provide mainstream quality and print capability without a processor or chemistry, offering streamlined platemaking, removal of operational costs, and a reduced environmental footprint.
- New KODAK Intelligent Prepress Manager 2.0, the next generation of connected proactive services that enable printers to harness more productivity and achieve peak quality and efficiency from their prepress systems. The new mobile app gives customers the flexibility and convenience to manage their prepress systems anytime, anywhere from their smartphone or other mobile device.
The Kodak stand at drupa will include application stations for commercial print, publishing and packaging, where attendees can learn more about how they can grow their businesses with KODAK Solutions. The popular K-Zone Theater will feature live presentations by strategic partners, industry experts, product representatives and customers throughout each day of the show.
In addition, the Kodak stand will highlight collaborative efforts with more than 30 key partners, bringing together market-leading technology and expertise to create optimum, targeted solutions across all markets.
“The drupa show is a marquee event for Kodak and for the industry. The technology unveiled at the show will set the direction of the markets we serve—commercial print, publishing and packaging—for years to come,” added Payne.
For more information about Kodak at drupa, visit www.kodak.com/go/drupa.
Kodak is a global advisor and provider of integrated services to help companies transform and optimize their businesses. Through a network of service professionals in more than 120 countries, Kodak provides technical, professional, consulting and managed services to enable customers to focus on growing their businesses,maximizing productivity, and more effectively managing risks. All KODAK Products and Software are backed by KODAK Service and Support. To learn more, please visit www.graphics.kodak.com.
As the world’s foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of images, information, and printing to enrich their lives.
In the graphic communications industry, Kodak serves customers in the printing, publishing, packaging and enterprise markets with intelligent solutions for competitive advantage and greater return on investment.
Kodak helps customers adapt, transform and grow their businesses. Through a comprehensive product and solutions portfolio that integrates revolutionary technologies, smart automation and specialized services, Kodak supplies customers operating in traditional, hybrid and digital graphic environments the broadest choice of software, production products and services for creating and managing high-value variable output efficiently and cost effectively.
For more information, visit graphics.kodak.com. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/kodakidigprint and visit our blog at growyourbiz.kodak.com
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT PURSUANT TO SAFE HARBOR PROVISIONS OF THE PRIVATE SECURITIES LITIGATION REFORM ACT OF 1995
This document includes “forward–looking statements” as that term is defined under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Future events or results may differ from those anticipated or expressed in these forward-looking statements. Important factors that could cause actual events or results to differ materially from these forward-looking statements include, among others, the risks and uncertainties as described in more detail in the Company’s most recent annual report on Form 10–K for the year end December 31, 2011, those associated with the company's filing for voluntary petitions for relief under chapter 11, the Company's strategies and plans, as well as the global economic environment. There may be other factors that may cause the Company’s actual results to differ materially from the forward–looking statements. All forward–looking statements attributable to the Company or persons acting on its behalf apply only as of the date of this document, and are expressly qualified in their entirety by the cautionary statements included in this document. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise forward–looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that arise after the date made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.