ROCHESTER, N.Y., January 08 --
Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE:EK) earned three Innovations 2010 Design and
Engineering Awards from the International Consumer Electronics Association
(CEA) and an Editor’s Choice Award from Popular Mechanics for products unveiled
at the 2010 International CES.
CEA recognized the KODAK SLICE Touchscreen Camera in the Digital Imaging
category, the KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera in the Personal Electronics
category and the KODAK EASYSHARE S730 Digital Frame in the Eco-Design and
Sustainable Technology category. Popular Mechanics awarded the KODAK PULSE
Digital Frame with its Editor’s Choice Award.
The Innovations 2010 Design and Engineering Awards, sponsored by the CEA and
endorsed by the Industrial Designers Society of America, honor superior design
and engineering among the year’s most technologically advanced products.
Winners are selected by a panel of independent industry designers, engineers
and journalists. The Innovations 2010 Design and Engineering Awards are
featured at www.CESweb.org/Innovations. The
Popular Mechanics Editor’s Choice Awards were announced at the 2010
International CES in Las Vegas, NV and at http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/upgrade/4341735.html.
The new KODAK SLICE Touchscreen Camera ($349.95 US MSRP) earned recognition
- Intuitive 3.5-inch, 16:9 LCD touchscreen with anti-reflective coating;
- KODAK SLICE Search Feature and Face Recognition to easily sort, locate and
- Share Button for easy upload to Facebook, KODAK Gallery, Flickr, YouTube
sites and e-mail;
- Store up to 5,000 pictures in HD resolution;
- Stunning image quality with a 14MP CCD sensor and 5X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH
- Built-in optical image stabilization;
- 720p/30fps HD video capture;
- Kodak’s exclusive Smart Capture feature, which analyzes scenes and
automatically adjusts camera settings to deliver beautiful pictures more
- Compatible with PC or APPLE iLife Software;
- Li-Ion rechargeable battery included.
The KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera ($179.95 US MSRP) earned
- Full HD 1080p video capture wherever you go;
- Built-in electronic image stabilization for sharper videos and reduced
- Vivid 2.5” color LCD;
- External microphone jack;
- Flexible swing-out USB arm for fast uploading, sharing, and charging;
- 5 MP 16:9 widescreen HD still pictures;
- Easy upload to Facebook and YouTube;
- Compatible with PC and Mac operating systems;
- Record up to 10 hours of HD video* with the expandable SD/SDHC card slot
that can hold up to 32 GB;
- Capture family and friends in their best light with smart face tracking
- In-box HDMI cable.
The KODAK EASYSHARE S730 Digital Frame ($139.95 US MSRP)
- Environmentally responsible design including ENERGY STAR® qualified power
adapter, mercury free panel and programmable on-off settings to control power
- Rechargeable battery featuring a one-hour capacity that makes it simple to
pass the frame around to share memories;
- Capacity to store up to 8000 pictures* with 1 GB internal memory;
- Stunning picture quality featuring patented Kodak Color Science technology
that delivers crisp detail and vibrant colors;
- Updated Quick Touch Border, with touch-sensitive controls that enable easy
access to controls on the front of the frame, and featuring a motion sensor
that illuminates controls as your hand approaches the frame;
- Dynamic collage mode that displays several pictures at the same time;
- Mode button on top of frame enables easy toggling between viewing modes,
including collage, single picture, clock and calendar views;
- Plug-and-play operation—just insert a memory card or USB flash drive with
digital pictures and a slideshow automatically begins.
The touchscreen-enabled KODAK PULSE Digital Frame ($129.99 US MSRP)
is equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity and a personal e-mail address so consumers
can easily send pictures wirelessly to the frame from a computer, from Facebook
and KODAK Gallery sites, or from any device that has email capability.
- Receive pictures via e-mail from computers and mobile phones;
- Add pictures from your home computer, Facebook, and KODAK Gallery sites
with built-in Wi-Fi capability;
- Easy set-up with no software to install;
- Intuitive touchscreen interface for easy interaction with photos;
- Store up to 4,000 pictures** with 512 MB of internal memory;
- Display pictures in brilliant color and crisp detail on the 7-inch
high-quality display (800 x 600 pixels) featuring KODAK Color Science and LED
- ENERGY STAR® qualified power adapter, mercury-free panel and programmable
on-off settings to control power consumption.
Kodak’s winning products are being featured at 2010 International CES in Las
Vegas from January 7-10, 2010 in the Las Vegas Convention Center (Kodak Booth
As the world's foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers,
businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and
printing to enrich their lives.
To learn more, visit http://www.kodak.com and follow our
blogs and more at http://www.kodak.com/go/followus.
More than 75 million people worldwide manage, share and create photo gifts
online at KODAK Gallery –join today at www.kodakgallery.com.
© Kodak, 2010. KODAK, EASYSHARE, SLICE and PULSE are trademarks of Kodak.