Eastman Kodak Company
KODAK Mobile Service
(www.kmobile.com) offers camera
phone users anytime, anywhere access to their digital photos and
phone-captured video. KODAK Mobile Service is an easy-to-use,
comprehensive service for the growing number of camera phone
users to access and interact with all of their digital pictures
and mobile-captured video on the go. With KODAK Mobile Service,
Highlights of KODAK Mobile Service
- Intuitively store and organize all their
pictures and phone-captured video in one location;
- Share all their digital and mobile pictures and
stories with friends and family right from their camera
- View and organize images, including photos from
family and friends, on a computer or phone.
Highlights of KODAK Mobile Service
- Intuitive Organization: Online albums can be
arranged into folders for greater organization and easier
sharing with friends and family
- Automatic Group Sharing: Establish shared
folders that automatically email your friends when updated.
- Share With Anyone: With KODAK Mobile Service you
can share with any image-ready phone or computer You
don't need to have the same carrier to share photos with
family and friends.
- Order Prints: As a KODAK Mobile Service member,
photos will also be stored, so users can edit their images and
How To Get KODAK Mobile Service
- Anyone with a camera or multimedia/photo ready
phone that supports WAP 2.0 can begin using KODAK Mobile
Service, which can be accessed by computer or handset browser at
. Many carriers offer a free trial,
after which the price is $2.99 per month.
- Cingular subscribers with camera phones and
multimedia messaging service (MMS) are able to store and access
their mobile images at KODAK Mobile Service directly through
their handsets for a monthly subscription fee of $2.99, charged
through their monthly service bill.
- Kodak has also worked with Nokia, the leading
handset maker, to create seamless links from select versions of
the NOKIA 3600 Series camera phones to the KODAK Mobile Service.
Nokia users can sign up for the service at
- Through an agreement with AT&T Wireless,
KODAK Mobile Service is also available to AT&T Wireless
mMode subscribers, who can immediately
get more from their camera phone by visiting
to sign up for the service.
Getting Started With KODAK Mobile
Each KODAK Mobile Service user will have functionality
particular to their service provider and mobile handset.
Therefore, the steps outlined below provide a broad tutorial,
and are not detailed to the level of "click by click"
instruction for your individual service.
1. Signing Up
- Through a computer connection go to
www.kmobile.com and click the "Get Started" button
- Provide an email address at which you would like
to receive service messages. It will become your username each
time you return
- Have your mobile phone turned on. You will be
sent an SMS message to the mobile phone number you provide with
a personal identification number (PIN) included to ensure that
you are indeed the owner of the phone
- Enter the PIN contained in the SMS message and
press the "Verify Phone Number" button
Your account is set up!
Note: KODAK Mobile Service is provided by Ofoto, Inc.
a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eastman Kodak Company. Existing
Ofoto members should "Sign In" at the welcome screen, rather
than start a new membership. This way, the members will be able
to see all the existing pictures saved at Ofoto using KODAK
Mobile Service as well.
- Send pictures using MMS from your camera phone
We suggest users add an entry to the address book on
their mobile phone called "KODAK Mobile" and give it the email
address: firstname.lastname@example.org, to avoid having to type the email
address using the mobile phone keypad.
- Go to KODAK Mobile Service at www.kmobile.com
using either the computer or a mobile phone that supports WAP
- Sign in
- You will see all your albums
- Click on an album to see thumbnails of the
pictures saved in that album
- Click on a thumbnail to see the enlarged picture
- You can navigate to see "next" or "previous"
People you invite to see your album will see only the
album you want shared
- From KODAK Mobile Service on either the computer
or the mobile phone, select an album to share
- Choose "share album" from the menu
- Enter the email addresses of the people with
whom you want to share (if you entered these in the KODAK Mobile
Service address book, you can select them directly from the
- Click on "Send"
More CES 2004 releases and images